The Saudi Arabian nutraceuticals/food market is largely dominated by functional foods. Baby foods and milk formulas are the largest segments in demand under functional foods. The Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) is the Saudi Government agency responsible for establishing regulations and standards for compliance concerning food, unprocessed and processed animal feed products.
Vitamins and dietary supplements, along with functional foods, became the key segment in controlling lifestyle diseases. Nutraceutical segments have been positioned as natural and as a healthy alternative to traditional medicine. For SFDA food registration, the Executive Department for Local Markets Control Electronic Services is designed to build a database for all the food establishments & operators and food items in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). The e-services include new account creation, food establishment registration, and food items registration.
Freyr assists manufacturers with end-to-end Regulatory support for SFDA food registration requirements including, HALAL food certifications, SFDA food licenses, and SFDA food compliance.
- Product Classification
- SFDA Food Regulations
- Registration Services for SFDA Food License
- Formula Review/Ingredients Assessment
- Label and Claims Review
- Halal Food Certifications
- Dossier Gap Analysis and Review
- Compilation and Submission of Dossier for SFDA Food Registration
- SFDA Online Food Registration Submission
- Legal Representation
- Regulatory Intelligence Reports
- Imports Guidance
- End-to-end Regulatory consultation for KSA - Foods
- Expertise in online food registration submission
- Legal representation capabilities and rapport with the SFDA
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc.
- Support for region-specific Regulatory activities and SFDA registration requirements
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- A strong relationship with various Health Authorities