The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is regarded as one of the richest economies. With high standards of living, and with immense demand for a wide range of cosmetic products, the cosmetics market in the region is lucrative. In the KSA, the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) is responsible for regulating the development, import, distribution, sale and marketing of cosmetics.
All cosmetic products to be marketed in the KSA must be notified to the SFDA through the agency’s electronic notification system – eCOSMA. Furthermore, foreign manufacturers must have a local affiliate (individual of Saudi origin or locally registered company) for the notification process, who can act as a license holder on behalf of the manufacturer for the product. The local affiliate is responsible for the entire notification process and has the login credentials for the SFDA eCOSMA registration. With Halal restrictions imposed, along with local language translation for labeling, accessing the market can be challenging for new market entrants.
- Product Classification
- Formulation Review
- Claims Review
- Regulatory Intelligence
- Labeling Review
- eCOSMA Registration
- Distributor Services
- Legal Representative Services
- SASO Certification
- Regulatory assistance inclusive of legal representation and eCOSMA registration
- Ensure Halal restrictions and other regulations are duly met
- Ensure compliance through formulation review, ingredient analysis and claims review
- Translation of labeling text to Arabic, without errors in context and content.
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories such as skincare, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- A structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for the cosmetic products