Cosmetic Product Registration in Saudi Arabia - Overview
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is regarded as one of the world’s richest economies. With high standards of living and an immense demand for a wide range of cosmetic products, the cosmetics market in the region is lucrative. In the KSA, the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) is responsible for regulating the development, import, distribution, sale, and marketing of cosmetics.
All cosmetic products to be marketed in the KSA must be notified to the SFDA through the agency’s electronic notification system – eCOSMA. Furthermore, it is mandatory for foreign manufacturers to have a local affiliate (an individual of Saudi origin or a locally registered company) for the notification process, who can act as a license holder on behalf of the manufacturer for the product. The local affiliate is responsible for the entire notification process and has the login credentials for the SFDA eCOSMA registration.
Cosmetic product registration in Saudi Arabia involves adhering to halal restrictions along with local language translation for labeling. These aspects can present challenges for new market entrants seeking to access the market.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Saudi Arabia - Freyr Expertise
- Product classification.
- Formulation review.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Cosmetic labeling review.
- Document compilation translation services.
- eCOSMA registration (cosmetic product registration in Saudi Arabia)
- Legal Representative (LR) services.
- Regulatory Intelligence (RI) services.
- Go-to-market Regulatory support.
- SASO certification.
Cosmetic Product Registration in Saudi Arabia - Freyr Advantages
- Regulatory assistance inclusive of legal representation and eCOSMA registration
- Ensure Halal restrictions and other regulations are duly met
- Ensure compliance through formulation review, ingredient analysis, and claims review
- Translation of labeling text to Arabic without errors in context and content
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all cosmetic categories such as skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products, etc.
- A structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for the cosmetic products